Saturday, April 30, 2011

He Used to be Soooooo Cute . . .

Harley - the beginning of a BEAST
now he is simply a "beast" that destroys backyards!  This morning I summoned up the courage to work in Harley's "war zone," which we used to know as our backyard.  Harley is coming up on his 1st birthday and according to the chart in our vet's office that mean's he is the human equivalent of a 14 year old boy and that might explain he attempts to destroy anything and everything he can get his chops on.  Well, after chewing up my old barbeque grill, electric smoker, patio seat cushions, rain gutters, half of our porch door and breaking patio glass table, oh and let's not forget about the moon-sized craters he has dug in the yard (it looks like we have been taking incoming artillery), I tried to remove everything from the back yard that he could further destroy.  But, silly me, I forgot to remove all the FREAKING TREES.  Yep, he is working on chewing down our trees and doing a pretty good job at it (see evidence).


Are you kidding me??

 He jumps up and wraps his front legs around a limb until it breaks or sags down enough for him to get his "jaws of life" around it and chew it off.  Then, he shifts into "shredder" mode and dispenses the wood chips all over the place.  On the bright side, we may not have to purchase any mulch for flower beds this spring.  Hopefully, he will grow out of this.  Supposedly his breed of shepherd gets out of this restless and destructive phase at a year and half and becomes more protective and that would be fine.  I thought it would be nice to have a dog that actually protects my family and property instead of eat them!!

Not so cute anymore . . .

Weighed in this mornig at 172lbs and I only have one more day in my 21-day maintenace phase and then it is on to what the diet protocol calls the "life phase."  More on this later.  Here was my maintenance diet for yesterday.  Everything was about the same, except I did not have eggs for breakfast and I ate a very late supper around 10:30 pm, which you need to avoid if at all possible. 

Breakfast:  8oz. grilled porkchop - 210
                    med. Gala apple - 80

Snack:  1 med. plum - 45
             1 kosher dill pickle spear - 5

Lunch:  1 grilled, skinless chicken leg - 130
              4 leafs of red lettuce - 20
             WASA multigrain crisp bread - 45
              1 med. Gala apple - 80

Snack:  2 hard boiled egss - 140
              1 kosher pickle spear - 5
              1 med. Gala apple - 80

Dinner:  9oz. Grilled Top Sirloin steak - 450
               WASA multigrain crisp bread - 45
               2 cups of Spring Mix salad - 20
               1 kosher pickle spear - 5
               1 Gala apple - 80

Total Calories:  1440

10 Quotes in 10 Days from Dunder Mifflin Scranton Branch Office Manager himself (A Farewell Tribute to Michael Scott):

"People ask me, would you rather be feared or loved, um easy, I want people to be afriad of how much they love me"

No comments:

Post a Comment