Saturday, April 23, 2011

Steaks with a Legend . . .

The Mighty Nathan Stone sweeping in for another 2points for the Eagles (Circa 2003)
Last evening, Nathan Stone, one of my former players from Roosevelt High School ,came over and I grilled some big ol' juicy ribeyes and Italian sausage and it made for a great evening.  Nathan graduated from Texas Tech, where he played football, and is now working for a Oil and Gas Company in Plano.  He just moved here last weekend from Lubbock and I was excited to meet up with him and catch up.  What a great young man he has turned out to be.  He is undoubtedly, the fiercest competitor I have ever coached and it payed off for us both (check the picture below).  It was great visiting with him and good to have him close by. 

Because I knew Nathan was coming over and steaks would be on the grill, I decided to do a Steak Day during the day.  I knew I would be eating a large steak at night, so I thought I may as well just treat it like a steak day so I wouldn't throw my stabilization off.  So during the day, all I had was two hard boiled eggs at lunch and an apple.  Then last night, I had a 12oz. Ribeye and a couple of links of Italian Sausage and some cantelope.  I felt very full after eating, and I figured I had put a few pounds on, because the steak and sausage filled me up quite well.  To my amazement, I actually lost a pound this morning on the scales.  I'm still within the 2 pound window, so I won't have to do another steak day - DARN!!  I really like Steak Days - I wish everyday was a steak day.  The Big Green Egg is awesome and produced some really juicy steaks.  I seared them for about 90 seconds on each side at 700 degrees!!!  The tempratures you can achieve in this grill is awesome and really does well when cooking steaks.  Now, I'm off to play in a golf tournament, so hopefully I will report back with good news from the links.  I am back to a regular maintenance day diet today.  Oh, by the way, shout out to my wondeful wife and kids who headed home to Lubbock this weekend - I miss them already.  Love yall, have fun and be careful.  Over and out!!



Nathan and his teammates (Terrell Green/Ky Thomas) collected quite collection of hardware while playing at Roosevelt.  Thanks for the memorie Nate!


No comments:

Post a Comment