Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spring Thunderstorms and "Albert" the Cardinal . . .

Meet Albert


Spring captured outside our window . . .
 This little guy has decided to make the trees just outside our kitchen window his afternoon home.  He must see his reflection in the window and think that it is another Cardinal because he keeps coming up and bumping the window with his beak over and over again.  Pretty cool because we live in Melissa and their mascot is indeed the Cardinals.  I have named him Albert after the St. Louis Cardinal's slugger Albert Pujos.  As soon as the storms cleared through here yesterday, he was banging on our windows.  Speaking of storms, how about the Spring we are having.  I love the moisture and wish West Texas could get some of it, I just hope they don't cause too much damage.

Yesterday marked the beginning of my last week on maintenance and Stacy begin her 3-week maintenance yesterday as well.  I am continuing to work out with weights 3 times a week and I'm thinking that allows me to eat a few more calories a day without seeing a gain.  I can tell you for certain that it is making me extremely sore!!  This morning I weighed in at 171lbs which in the range I want to be. Anyway here was my maintenance diet yesterday:

Breakfast:  3 eggs fried in organic EVO - 210
                    8oz grilled porkchop - 210
                    1 med. Gala Apple - 75

Snack:  1 med. plum - 45
              1 kosher pickle spear - 5

Lunch:  8oz. 96/4 lean ground beef patty - 280
              WASA multigrain crisp bread - 45
              4 leafs of green lettuce - 20
              1 kosher pickle spear - 5
              1 med. orange - 70

Snack:  1 hard boiled egg - 70
              1 med. Gala apple - 75

Dinner:  2 skinless boneless grilled chicken thighs - 220
               2 cups of Herb Mix salad - 20
               WASA multigrain crisp bread - 45
               1 kosher pickle spear - 5
               1 cup of honey dew melon - 65

Snack:  1 cup of 99% fat free Beef Broth - 15

Total Calories:  1480

No comments:

Post a Comment