Friday, April 15, 2011

Good News . . . Bad News . . . STEAK DAY!

Well, after weighing this morning, I am up 3lbs from my weight the last day of phase one, so that is the bad news.  But not really because that means I have to do a "steak day" to get my metabolism jump started and my weight back down, and I really enjoy the steak days.  Here is what the steak day calls for:
1.  eat nothing all day except 2 hard boiled eggs and an apple at lunch;
2.  drink plenty of water (at least 2.5 liters)
3.  for dinner eat a huge steak (12 oz) and an apple

Ah, yes two words that meant to be together - "huge" and "steak."  It just seems right doesn't it?  I know it is crazy, but this little tactic really helps because all of the protein really gets your metabolism firing again and I expect to be back down tomorrow morning.  Anyway, here is what I had for my diet yesterday:

Breakfast:  3 large organic eggs fried in organic EVO - 210 cal
                    6oz. grilled butterfly porkchop - 210 cal
                    1 med. Gala apple - 75 cal

Snack:  1 hard boiled egg - 70 cal
              1 kosher pickle spear - 5 cal
            
Lunch:  Big Chef's Salad "lighter" from Jason's Deli - 340 cal
              w/balsamic vinaigrette dressing - 70 cal

Snack:  2 kosher dill pickle spears - 10 cal

Dinner:  8oz. grilled Top Sirloin Steak - 340 cal
               2 cup of Spring Mix Salad - 20 cal
              1 kosher dill pickle spear - 5 cal
              1 large peach - 60 cal

Total Calories - 1415

No comments:

Post a Comment