Friday, April 22, 2011

It's Official - I'm an "EGGHEAD!"


My Brand New Toy - The Big Green Egg!!
 Well, after quite a bit of research and visiting with grilling experts, I have purchased a backyard big boy toy - "The Big Green Egg," which is an awesome ceramic style grill.  And of course I couldn't wait to fire it up and experiment last night and I am happy to say that my first attempt on the Egg resulted in succulent Ribeyes that Claire and I enjoyed immensely (see pictures below).  I have a feeling I will be doing some grilling this weekend and experimenting with my new toy.  Check out the many website and forums about the Egg if you are interested.  If you like to grill out, this may be something you want to check out.

Still maintaining my weight at 172lbs, which is very good because I had a few more calories than normal yesterday - I went over 1600 for the first time since on maintenance. 


Here is was my diet yesterday:

Breakfast:  3 egg w/baby spinach and 1 slice of colby jack cheese - 290
                    1 med. Fuji apple - 80

Snack:  1 med plum - 45
              1 kosher pickle spear - 5

Lunch:  3 grilled skinless boneless chicken thighs - 330
              WASA multigrain crisp bread - 45
              2 cups of spring mix salad - 20
              1 kosher pickle spear - 5

Snack:  1 hard boiled egg - 70
              2 kosher pickle spears - 10

Dinner:  8oz Grilled Ribeye Steak (ON THE EGG!!!) - 440
               2 cups of herb mix salad - 20
               WASA multigrain crisp bread - 45
               1 kosher pickle spear - 5
               1 med Fuji apple - 80

Snack:  1 med orange - 80

Total Calories:  1620


Seared for 90 seconds at 600 degrees

BEEF . . . it's what's for DINNER!
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment