Thursday, April 14, 2011

Why I LOVE Maintenance . . . and others's - Not so Much.

Steak and Eggs for Breakfast - "Nutritional Nirvana"
Well, I am stabilized so far through my first week of maintenance and I am staying right around 1500 calories.  Next week, I may try to take in a couple hundred more calories as I will start working out three times a week.  I get feedback from some of my customers and many of them, mainly women, have a difficult time enjoying the maintenance part of the diet because of all the protein they are required to eat daily.  Sure, you get to eat more and more frequently, however, a large percentage of that diet comes from protein, which consists of meats and eggs for the most part.  Now for me that is "Nutritional Nirvana," - hey I like that phrase and I'm claiming it!  It is Nutrional Nirvana for me because I love beef and eggs, so having portions of them each meal is no problem at all for me.  But in some cases, take my wife and mother-in-law for instance, the dieter simply gets tired of all that protien and begins craving other sources such as breads and pastas. Sometimes they get to a point that they just don't want to eat as opposed to eating more eggs or meat products.  But at the same time, the proteins are so important to the stabilization of weight, because the protein is the catalyst of speeding your metabolism. So over the next few days I'm going to research some different ideas for foods to eat on the maintenance phase that will prehaps give some a break from the standard protiens they are getting tired of, and maybe, just maybe they will at least think they are in "Protein Purgatory" - another original phrase - that's two in one blog!! 

Here is my diet from yesterday:

Breakfast:  3 Egg Omelet with baby spinach leaves - 230 cal
                    6oz. 96/4 extra lean ground beef patty - 180 cal
                   1 med Gala apple - 80 cal

Snacks:  1 large peach - 60 cal
               1 kosher pickle spear - 5 cal

Lunch:  2 skinless bonless grilled chicken thighs (my favorite) - 220 cal
             3 leafs of green lettuce - 15 cal
             1 Wasa Multigrain Crisp Bread - 45 cal
             2 kosher pickle spears - 10 cal
             1 large orange - 80 cal

Snack:  1 large hard boiled egg - 70 cal

Dinner:  12oz. of grilled large shrimp in organic EVO -
            

No comments:

Post a Comment