Monday, April 25, 2011

Last Week of Maintenance Begins Today

One more week of maintenance and then I begin what is called the "life phase" of the HCG diet, which is no diet at all.  Hopefully my metabolism has been reset to the weight I am currently at and will remain there as long as I eat moderately and wisely.  We shall see - it will be very interesting to see what happens. 

Stacy, Claire and Myles all made it home yesterday despite meeting some stormy weather - pretty good thunder boomers around North Dallas last night.  But they arrived safely and it is good to have them back home.  Stacy was doing a "Steak Day" on her last day of the drops phase and was starving when she got home.  I was happy to be able to furnish her with a nice, juicy New York Strip, grilled on The Big Green Egg.  We enjoyed a couple of steaks for a late supper.  I made grilled some Jalepeno Sausage Bombs as well on the Egg last night and they were delicious as well.  I have put the recipe for the Sausage Bombs on the Recipes page - but pleased be warned that they are addictive and only for the maintenance phase only. 

I weighed in at 171lbs today which is inside the 2lb window so I enter this last week optimistic I am able to stay with in a range of 170-173lbs. 

Here was my diet yesterday: 

No Breakfast - got up too late!!

Lunch:  2 grilled skinless boneless chicken thighs - 220
              4 leafs of green lettuce - 20
              WASA multigrain crisp bread - 45
              1 kosher pickle spear - 5
              1 med orange - 80

Snack:  1 kosher pickle spear - 5
              1 med. Gala apple - 80

Dinner (pic below):  10oz grilled NY Strip Steak - 450
               1 kosher pickle spear - 5
               4 Jalepeno Sausage Bombs (recipe on recipe page) - approx 250 cal
               1/4 cup of green onions and 1/4 cup of red onions - 20
               1 med. orange - 80

Total Calories:   1260



NY Strip & Sausage Bombs from the Big Green Egg!


No comments:

Post a Comment