Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter . . . Mavericks Choke Again . . . and Ranger Back on Track . . .

Ribeyes searing at 700 degrees - Nutritional Nirvana!!
Played golf yesterday in a 4-man scramble with 3 great guys:  Liberty golf coach Shannon Glidwell; Liberty Associate Principal, Scott Warstler; and my cousin Mike Vinson.  We shot a respectable 10 under 62 in a very strong wind.  I thought my days of playing spring golf in the wind were over when I left West Texas - apparently not.  But, unfortunately we did not finish in the money - but nonetheless we had a good time.  Thanks to all of those gentlemen for playing.  After that I watched the DFW sports teams.  First I witnessed the Mavericks execute their normal playoff "choke" routine in which they wasted a 23-point second half lead to lose to Portland.  I don't know if they can recover from that to win the series or not.  Then, I watched the Rangers beat the Royals.  Pretty good day all-in-all, except that I missed my family as they are out of town visiting our family back in Lubbock.  Can't wait for them to return. 

I had an interesting day in terms of my diet yesterday.  Breakfast was normal, but then I had some barbeque for lunch at the golf tournament and then a big ol' steak for dinner.  I figured that I had too much beef and that my calorie count might prompt me to gain a pound or two, but to my surprise, I got on the scales and LOST 3lbs yesterday.  I weighed in at 169.5 this morning - what the heck!?  I will eat normal today and if I don't gain a couple more pounds to my stabilized weight, I will do a steak day on Monday - darn - I would hate that!!! 

Here was my diet yesterday:

Breakfast:  3 fried eggs in organic EVO - 210
                    6oz. grilled pork chop - 210
                    1 med Gala apple - 80

Snack:  1 plum - 45

Lunch:  2 pieces of smoked brisket  - 120
              1 smoked chicken thigh - 110

Snack:  1 med Fuji apple - 80
              1 kosher pickle spear - 5

Dinner:  8oz. grilled Ribeye steak - 440
               WASA multigrain crisp bread - 45
              2 cups Spring Mix - 20
              1 kosher pickle spear - 5
              1 med orange - 80 cal

Snack:  1 Fuji apple - 80

Total Calories:  1530

No comments:

Post a Comment