Friday, April 1, 2011

Bringing in April at 178 . . .

What a great evening I had last night at our end of the year Basketball banquet!  All my players were well dressed and we were able to give them some well deserved recognition for a great season of accomplishments.  But the banquet proved to be quite difficult for me and my diet because it was catered by Babes!  Babes is a restaurant chain here in North Texas that serves some of the best homesytle food you can imagine.  Their smoked chicken, mashed potatoes and biscuits are to die for.  It also happens to be one of my favorite places to eat.  Now usually banquet food is not all that great and I was thinking this will be no big deal to pass on the meal, but boy was I wrong.  I hope I didn't gross anyone out too much last night at our coaches table by gawking at their food and drooling all over myself.  I bet I went through 12 glasses of tea just to get through it.  Things like that are indeed a tough aspect of the HCG diet, because inevitably you are going to be put in a social situation where you are tempted to eat things outside your protocol.  You have a tough decision - do I just say "screw it" and eat and enjoy yourself, or do you bite the bullet and sit there in misery and watch your friends revel in culinary ecstasy?  My advise is to try as hard as you can to not put yourself in those situations, but when you do, just think about the weight you have loss (hopefully) and the progress you have made and that should be enough of a deterrent to provide with the will power hold the HCG course. I know that for me, after the first week and I had lost over 10lbs, you could not have paid me to eat foods that were outside the diet because I was so pumped up about the rapid weight loss I was experiencing. 

Enough with the advise column.  Here was what I ate yesterday:
Breakfast:  Bottle of water

Lunch:  4oz. All Natural Skinless Chicken Breast - 110 calories
             2 leafs of Romaine lettuce - 10 calories
             3 pieces of Old London Melba Toast - 60 calories 
             1 tsp. of Classic Yellow Mustard - 0 calories
             1 medium Gala apple - 80 calories

Dinner:  4oz. 96/4 Extra Lean Ground Beef Patty -  150 calories
               2 leafs of Romaine lettuce - 10 calories
               1 Wasa Multigrain Crisp bread - 45 calories
               1 tsp of Classic Yellow Mustard - 0 calories
               1 Navel Orange - 60 calories

Snacks:  1/2 cup of Swansons 99% Fat Free Beef Broth - 10 calories

Water:  2.5 liters

Total Calories:  525

No comments:

Post a Comment