Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Good Day Yesterday All Around!

Little Boys - The Essence of Baseball
As Mondays go, yesterday is good as you can get I suppose.  Day started out with a weight that confirmed I was still maintaining my current weight and showing signs my system is stabilizing and trying to set its metabolism.  I also started working out with weights again yesterday and that was a good thing as despite the fact that I a little sore today and expect to be the next few days.  I plan on lifting weights three times a week and will be interested to see what my weight does combining it with the maintenance phase.  On another good note from yesterday, I hit a bucket of balls at driving range and may have . . . I said may have figured something out with my swing - or at least I did for hour or so yesterday.  Then it was off to Myles's baseball game that the Mighty Cardinals won 9-2.  Myles played really well as he pitched two strong innings, doubled, drove in two runs, and also scored twice.  Is there anything better than baseball to capture the essence of a little boy??? I think not!! Speaking of baseball, the Rangers won against the Angels last night, and I also found and old book of mine that Stacy gave me on our 2nd anniversary in 1994 called "Baseball Shorts" that has some of the best one-liners about baseball and I laughed out loud reading back over some of the quotes. Thus, since it is baseball season, I will be leaving you with quotes from the book from time-to-time.  And finally, I got around to putting together a storage closet in the garage that has been collecting nothing but dust and spider eggs.  It took me a while because I have no, and I mean NO engineering talents at all - so putting together a sandwhich can be challenge for me.  Ok, that is enough about a great Monday and on to what I eat yesterday:

Breakfast:  3 eggs fried in organic EVO - 210
                    4oz. grilled porkchop (bone in) - 140 
                   1/2 of a Gala apple - 40

Snack:  1 med. plum - 45
              1 kosher pickle spear - 5
             
Lunch:  8oz. 96/4 extra lean ground beef patty - 280
             4 leafs of red-leaf lettuce - 20
             WASA multigrain crisp bread - 45
             1 kosher pickle spear - 5
             1 large peach - 60

Snack:  1 hard boiled egg - 70 cal
              1 kosher pickle spear - 5

Dinner:  8oz. grilled chicken breast - 240
               2 cups of herb mix salad - 20
               WASA multigrain crisp bread - 45
               1 kosher pickle spear - 5
               1 cup of cantelope - 55 cal

Snack:  1/2 of Gala apple - 40

Total Calories - 1330

BASEBALL SHORT OF THE DAY:

"I don't need a chest protector, I need a bra."  - Gus Triandos, on being an overweight catcher during on Old Timer's Game.
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment