Sunday, May 1, 2011

Little Boys, Emergency Rooms and Old Friends

Boys + Rough Housing = Head Laceration
Head Laceration + E.R. = Staples (Cool!)
Yesterday was an eventful day to say the least at the ol' Miller household.  A full Saturday schedule became a little complicated when Myles cracked open his head on a chair while rough housing with his buddy.  It was nothing too serious, but enough to warrant a trip to the Emergency Room and three staples.  After getting the son patched back up it was off to meet with three high school buddies and teammates to have dinner and catch up.  Man, I realized two things after visiting with them last night.  1) I grew up with some really great guys and I have wealth of great memories thanks to them; and 2) I'm old.  We all admitted that we shouldn't wait that long to get together again.  It sure is hard to take time for moments like that in our busy fast-paced lives, but man, is it worth it.  Thanks for a great evening Trent, Arthur and Steve!

So last night, at dinner I had the 12oz. Ribeye (have you folks figured out the I like Ribeye) with a side salad and the whole meal was about about 750 calories, which isn't too bad and let's me know that I can go out to a restaurant and order without blowing the HCG maintenance phase.  For the day, I was a little higher on calories than normal, but I am confident that I won't gain any significant wait because my metabolism is set for this current weight and will maintain it as long as I am consistent with my nutritional choices.  Here was my maintenance diet for yesterday.  You might note that is is about 400 calories higher than normal, but usually on Sat and Sundays I like to have more hearty breakfast and dinners - I'm mean it's the weekend, right! 

Breakfast:  3 fried eggs in EVO - 210
                   6oz. top siroin steak - 300
                   med. Gala apple - 80

Lunch:  8oz. 93/7 ground turkey patty - 340
             2 cups of Spring Mix salad - 20
             WASA multigrain crisp bread - 45
             1 kosher pickle spear - 5
             1 med. Fuji apple - 80

Snack:  1 kosher pickle spear - 5
             1 med. Gala apple - 80

Dinner:  Chili's 12oz. Ribeye Steak - 675
               1 side salad w/mustard 50
             
Snack:  1 med Fuji apple - 80

Total Calories:      1970

10 Quotes in 10 Days from Dunder Mifflin Scranton Branch Office Manager himself (A Farewell Tribute to Michael Scott):
"There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown."

No comments:

Post a Comment