Monday, May 30, 2011

God Bless Soldiers, Byron Nelson, and Neighbors with Knifes


Take Time to Remember and Pay Homage
Hello all!  I hope everyone had a really good Memorial Day weekend.  I know mine was really awesome as I got to spend some time with my family and also watch the some of the best golfers in the world at the Byron Nelson Tournament in Las Colinas.  Of course we all really enjoy the extra day off work and usually really get to spend some quality time with friends and family during this weekend each year, but we have to be careful and not forget while we observe this weekend - the many men and women who have sacrificed and risked so much for our country.  One thing they did at the Nelson this weekend that I thought was really cool was to have an active soldier from one of the armed forces man the flag on hole #18.  The flag was in the design of the American flag and each time the golfers came to the hole, the soldier manned the flag.  It was a really neat gesture, and at the same time reminded everyone that we would not enjoy our wonderful freedoms and culture if it were not for our military personnel.  So to all those who fall under this huge umbrella, thanks so much for your service - I know I can never repay it.  God Bless America and brave men and women who have and will continue to protect her!

If you have never attended at professional golf tournament, you should really put it on your bucket list, even if you do not follow or play golf, because it is a really unique and fun environment.  Fortunately, the Metroplex has two great opportunities with the Colonial (which was last weekend), and the the Byron Nelson.  Byron Nelson is a golf legend, but is also legendary for all his contributions to the golf world and more importantly, children's charities.  He as a true gentlemen, and one of the most respected players ever.  In terms of his legacy, he is right there with Hogan, Nicholas, and Palmer in my opinion.  Anyway, we had a great time taking in the tournament.  The golfers are really generous and welcoming to kids - several golfers took time to say hello to Myles when they saw him and some even gave him a golf ball.  He ended up with 5 balls for the weekend and also nabbed an autograph from Dustin Johnson, who is his favorite golfer.  So, take my advice and get to one of these events if you have not, it is a really neat experience. 

Myles standing with the Legend - Mr. Nelson

Let me digress here just a bit while we are on the Nelson.  Now, because it is the Metroxplex, the weather was warm, and golf tournaments are very trendy, it is no surprise that there are some ladies that dress on a little bit on the skimpy side to be noticed.  Of course, I go for the golf, but as I stated earlier, this can be a rewarding event and well worth your time, even if you don't play golf.  However, that being said, for every female that is capable of pulling off the "halter-top/shorty-shorts/high heel" eye-candy montage," there seems to be at least two who simply, can not pull it off.  I mean there were some women present that had about as much business wearing the outfit (who knows how they jammed themselves into it) they adorned as I did in actually competing in the golf tournament.  There really should be some type of protocol or fashion law in place that restricts the purchase of certain clothing items to certain body types/ages.  Don't get me wrong now, I have nothing against folks who are not in their best shape, because Lord knows I am one.  But, your not going to catch me walking around the pool in a Speedo or wearing my cocked sideways either.  Hey if you got it and want to flaunt it - by all means flaunt away.  But, it you ain't got it, HIDE IT OR DESGUISE IT.   Men are just as bad - - I saw at least a handful of middle-aged men who had more hair in their ear than on their head wearing "skinny jeans!"  What the hell is going on?  It just seems that there are too many folks out there today who think they still have the body they did when they were teenagers or in their early twenties.  I know I'm not being politically correct, but who is on board with me? 

M'am, there is a reason they are named "petites."

Heck - every man needs a roof over his tool shed - right?  WRONG!!  This is soooo Wrong.
Ok, my neighbor Larry got everyone's attention on Lincoln street this evening when he killed a copperhead snake is his front yard, with a knife - Larry has a deathwish obviously.  It was pretty good size as well, which concerns me because the "young un's" maybe still out there somewhere.  We have an empty lot between our houses and Myles plays out there quite a bit, but after he witnessed Larry killing the snake, I believe he will be pretty danged careful where he is stepping for a while.  You know in West Texas we had to worry about rattlesnakes to some degree, but at least they warned you.   What makes these copperheads so darn scary is that they don't warn you at all, and they are just as poisonous.  Oh, by the way, did I mention - I HATE SNAKES! 
The head of a copperhead - freaky!!


OK, well not much HCG info in this entry.  I have heard from a couple of you this weekend regarding the diet and everyone seems to be doing really well.  Wayne has hit a plateau after about day 12, at 30lbs, and did an apple day in hopes of jump-starting his weight loss again.  I did want to make sure everyone knows the correct protocol to follow when going from the drops to maintenance.  It is very important that during the last 72 hours of low calorie dieting (Phase 2), you stop taking drops.  You will still eat only 500 calories, but without the drops.  The reason for this is that it takes 72 hours to get the HCG out of your system, and your body needs to be free of it as you begin the maintenance phase.  So make sure you do this.  Also, check the blog tomorrow for our first update on Richard Dennis as we get reports from him after his first full week on the drops.  Remember send me your questions and updates.  Everyone have a great week.  Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment