Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Burnt Knees and Trade Days are the Order of Business.

Peddling My Wares this Weekend - "Step up right up folks and be amazed!"
I hope everyone's week has gotten off to a great start.  I love the Spring in North Texas - great weather.  But you have to enjoy while you can because late June-Sept. is brutally hot and humid.  You know what they say (who are they btw?), "it's not the heat that kills you, it's the stupidity!" 

And while we are discussing stupidity as it relates to heat,  let me bring myself into the conversation.  Sunday at the baseball game, I sneered at and waved off the offer of applying a little sunscreen because ya' know,  I'm a tough guy and lathering up in public and in front of my kids might put into serious debate the legitimacy of my Man Card.  Never mind the fact that my skin tone is as pale as a nun's stationary and that I have a history of sunburn-stupidity episodes.  Nope, I'll just sit here and watch a full 9 innings of baseball under the clear, May skies of Texas and live to tell about it.  Well now, I'm telling you about it.  Check out the picture below:


Quoting the great Bill Engval - "Here's your sign!"


Yeppers, those are my two knees, not two traffic safety cones!  They are swollen, tight, and hot enough to fry eggs on.

When, I haven't been melting ice cubes on my knees, I have been getting ready for the big McKinney Trade Days that starts this Friday, where I am hoping to sell some of my drops and get more exposure for my new venture HCG Providers of Mckinney.  I am very excited and quite nervous about the whole thing, because I have never done anything like this before.  The Trade Days are a unique forum and seems to attract quite a crowd, so I'm optimistic that I can step up business a notch or two with my booth.  If you are in the area or happen to be coming to the Trade Days, come by my booth (#8) on Henderson Street and say hello.  I'll be the one with a ridiculous farmer's tan on his knees wearing a sign around his neck!  And of course, if you have friends that are considering getting on the diet, by all means, send them my way this weekend.  Tell them they heard about the drops and booth through this blog, and I will give them a discount.  I have had an active week getting signage and marketing material printed and ready for the show.  I will have Claire Bear there to help me.  She has already proved to be quite useful at Party City by color coordinating my table cloth and skirt.  She made sure I had Spring colors that are "in."   So, she too is fired up about this weekend and has promoted herself to "Head of Marketing and Corporate Image" - I'm quite sure I can't afford her.

I am maintaining my weight like clock work so far and I am very upbeat about that.  I am not counting calories anymore, but just eating my 3 meals and 3 snacks each day.  My portions are very similar to those on maintenance and I my hunger is quite satisfied after each meal.  There is no desire or temptation to go get extra servings.  But at the same time, I enjoy my food more than I ever have. But, I believe the keys to obtaining and maintaining a healthy metabolism is to eat more frequently, with smaller servings, and as healthy and organic as possible.


Big Portions = Big Face
Smaller Portions = Small Face (it's not rocket science, folks)


A friend of ours who is on the protocol brought a can of Blue Sky Free soda for me to look at and determine if it was "ok" to drink just like the Stevia brand soft drinks.  Blue Sky is made with Truvia with extracts from Stevia leafs.  Now it is my understanding that Stevia is the only allowed sweetner for the HCG protocol.  However, the can ingredients seem to be very similar to that of the Stevia brand drinks, which, can be purchased at Marketstreet, Whole Foods, and Sprouts.  So, I am going to do some research on the subject and ask around to find out if indeed, you can replace Stevia with Truvia, because the Blue Sky drinks are considerably cheaper than the Stevia drinks.  I will investigate and get back with you the next post.
The can in question . . .
stay tuned for "the rest of the story."

No comments:

Post a Comment