Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cherry Limeades, Mellencamp, and Redneckisms - You Gotta Love the South!


Hello HCGers!  I hope this entry finds you all well.  Can you believe the storms that are passing through North Texas.  What is up with the tornados and hail?  Every night, it seems they break into programming and show footage from some storm chaser that I swear came from the movie Twister.  I hope everyone is safe and has avoided damage. 

I am a Texan by the grace of God and of course, I love all things related to the South, and that includes our own unique way of expressing and commenting on certain situations.  Let's just say that Texans are remarkably creative and resourceful when it comes to analogies.  Here is a sampling of quotes overheard on the golf course this weekend in Sherman, Texas.  (Note - the names have changed to protect the guilty)

Billy Bob:  you fellers see how bad that ol' Cliff Lee made the Rangers look last night??
Donnie Earl:  your darn' right.  Them boy's didn't know whether they should take a *^%$ or wind their watch . . . and I didn't see a one of em' wearin' a watch!

Joe Bill:  hell-fire!  I talked myself out of that shot before I hit it. 
Tom Ed:  I tell ya Joe Bill, you looked as anxious as Cocker Spaniel crappin' razor blades standing over that the ball.

Gary Wayne:  tell ya' what boys' when the clouds leave, it gonna' get steamy.
Jim Charles:  yep!  Gonna' be hotter than two river rats doing the nasty inside a wool sock.





Ok, I felt kinda bad throwing out the Desperate Housewives Chocolate because looking back I suppose it was kinda like a "tease" to all those sweet tooths that are still on Phase 2.  So, to make up for insensitivity, I will introduce to you a refreshing Cherry Limeade that is allowable on all phases of the diet - and let me tell you, it is awesome.  Credit for this little jewel goes to my wonderful Mother-in-Law, who came to visit from Lubbock a couple of weeks ago and showed us how to make it.  Therefore I will call this livation, "the Sweet Mother-In-Law:"


Ingredients:
2 bottles of water
1 packet of Stevita Lime Crystals
1 packet of Stevita Cherry Crystals
Crushed or Cubed Ice (we stop by the Sonic and get a cup of their ice)
Directions
Mix lime packet in one bottle of water and shake well;
Mix cherry packet in other bottle of water and shake well;
Pour have of lime water and half of cherry water over ice;
Crank up some Mellencamp (preferably Jack and Diane) and enjoy!

*Marketstreet on Bethany is now carrying the packets.  But if you go to another location, ask them to order them for you.  They come is boxes of 10 packs. 

Ingredients

Aaahhh . . . the "Sweet Mother-in-Law"


I would like everyone to check out a new page I have created on this blog.  It is dedicated to Richard Dennis who is taking a second shot at the HCG diet.  He had early success the first round, but "fell off the wagon," but has dedicated himself to make it work this time.  He has  graciously allowed me to chronicle his journey on this blog.  I will be updated his page frequently with comments from Richard as well as his progress and foods eaten.  This will be a great tool for others on the diet, to follow along with.  So please, check out the new page - "The Richard Chronicles."

I leave you with a couple of pieces of HCG advice:

  • When doing an apple day, do not drink a lot of water.  I was mistaken on this for quite sometime and did it wrong.  You are only supposed to drink enough water to quench your thirst and no more.  So, eat six apples, but don't consume your regular 2.5 liters of water - cut down on the water consumption on the apple day.
  • Shake your drops well to active the ingredients before taking them.  This should be put on the bottles and I have spoken with the manufactuers regarding this.  But, it is important to do this.  This is another thing, that I did not do.  So make sure you are shaking those drops. 
I will be back with another blog on Friday.  Until then, have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment