Thursday, May 19, 2011

Q&A and other HGG Tidbits

Helping you fight that fat!
It's been a few days and I apologize.  I have had a very busy and active week so far and unfortunately I have been getting home a little too late to post a blog.  Because I have so many new customers since last weekend and hopefully they are also following this blog, I am going to dedicate this session to answering questions that have come in from folks that have embarked on the HCG recently.   So, without further ado . . .

The following are actual questions I have received recently regarding the protocol and my best attempts to answer them as best as I can:

Q:  If you have extra points (calories) left, can you eat extra veggies?
A:  Yes, as long as you don't start mixing them.  You could also eat an additional fruit as well to get to your 500 calorie cap.  It really does not matter how you go about getting your 500 calories each day so you can spread out your meals as you wish.  The only thing I would warn against is eating a whole meal too late in the evening.  Try eat your dinner between 5-7pm if possible.  My wife and I chose different ways to get our 500 calories.  Below is a sample of how each of us consumed our alloted calories on Phase 2:
Jim
No Breakfast
Lunch around 12:30 - 1 meat; 1 veggie; 1 bread; 1 fruit
Dinner around 6pm - 1 meat; 1 veggie; 1 bread; 1 fruit
*Occasionally, I would have a hot cup of beef broth (15 calories) around bedtime for a snack

Stacy
Breakfast - half of an apple
Lunch around 12:30 - 1 meat; 1 veggie; 1 bread; 1/2 of apple left over from breakfast
Dinner around 6pm - 1 meat; 1 veggie, 1 bread; 1/2 grapefruit
Snack around bedtime:  1/2 grapefruit

Another note on mixing vegetables.  This issue seems to be quite vague in the guide.  The protocol directs the dieter to avoid mixing foods during meals or eating the same choice in consecutive meals.  For example if you have chicken breast for lunch, then dinner should consist of a different meat, such as talapia or sirloion steak.  The same is true with fruits and vegetables.  As far as mixing vegetables, I suppose we broke the rule at times because we often bought the organic tubs of Spring and Herb Mix from the grocery store and would eat those for our veggie serving.  So, we broke the "letter of law" I suppose when eating a mix salad.  However, what we would not do is eat a salad and broccoli at the same meal. 

Q:  Is it true you should shake your bottle before taking the drops?
A:  Yes, indeed it is true.  I was visiting with the manufactuerers in Boise yesterday and I asked them this and I was told that shake the drops just before a dosage activates the ingredients and makes them more effective.  So everyone be sure to do this before taking the drops.  This was a new one on me - I thought it was some kind of ubran legend.  My question for the manufactuerers was why not put that on your bottles??? 

Q:  Can you have a little splenda in your coffee?
A:  Absolutely not.  The only sweetner that is allowed on Phase 2 or 3 is Stevia.  All other sweetners such as Splenda are not the same - they are not all natural sweetners.  The stevia leaf is the only all natural sweetner.  My wife has quite the sweet tooth and so she has really taken advantage of stevia based products such as drops and powder packets to mix in water and coffee.  Also, the brand Zevia makes soft drinks from Stevia and they are allowed on the diet.  In fact, they are free foods and you can have as many as you like.  Of course, as you may have imagined, the drinks are a bit pricey, but well worth it if you ask most "sweet tooths."  You can purchase stevia products at Whole Foods, Marketstreet and Sprouts.  One word of warning.  Sprouts and Whole foods have started carrying a brand of drink called Blue Sky that claims to be the same as stevia based drinks, but they are not.  Blue Sky uses truvia and not stevia, and it is not the same at all.  I have attached a link to a website that explains the "conspiracy" between Stevia and Truvia and how, the consumer, like so often, is left in the dark when it comes to what is actually in products, and also how the FDA really is not concerned about consumers, but more about the "big money" and their lobbyist.    Short story - use only stevia based sweetners.
http://www.ktradionetwork.com/kevins-blog/the-truviastevia-fda-conspiracy/

Zevia - GOOD!!
Blue Sky - BAD!

Q:  Why are there some foods on your blog that are not in the Quick Start Guide?
A:  When Stacy and I started the diet protocol, we were working from two primary resources:  the Quick Start Guide that you have and also Kevin Trudeau's book The Weight Loss Cure "They" Don't Want You to Know About.  The book is very helpful if you are on the diet, because Trudeau explains the history, science and dynamics into the diet and also gives a lot of great advice for healthy eating and living.   He had some foods on there were allowed Dr. Simeon's original manuscript that for some reason were left of the Guide.  For example, zuchini is not in the guide, but suggested by Trudeau.  Stacy ate grilled zuchini quite frequently on the drops.  However, it is specified that squash is not allowed.  So when you see something on the blog that is not in the guide it is probably because you we discovered it in the book. 


Q:  How long do the headaches last?
A:  It has been my own experience and many other participants that headaches will occure the first two or three days after beginning the 500 calorie diet.  But take solace, because they will soon disapate and you will begin feeling increased energy.  The headaches are not from the drops, but simply your body reacting to not getting things, such as sugar, that it is used to. 

Q:  How much of a cucumber equals a serving?
A:  Cucumbers are very low in calories, and in fact, very low in nutritional value as well, but you can can eat a whole 8-inch cucumber for 1 serving of a vegetable.

Q:  Can constipation be an issue?  And if so, can you take over the counter medicines while on the drops?
A:  I did not experience constipation.  In fact, with all the fiber from apples I was eating I experienced the opposite effect for the time being.  Without getting to much into scatalogy, I will say that I have become much more regular in that department, especially after the intitial couple of weeks and certainly when I began maintenance.  As far as over the counter medicines, it should be just fine as long as they contain no sugars or syrup. 

Q:  I'm not much of a meat eater - what can I do about that?
A:  Protein plays such an important and vital role in creating a rapid metabolic rate, so it is very important that you get plenty.  My sister is a vegetarian and struggled with the same issue.  She ate plenty of the seafood on the list and also substituted skim and almond milk in place of meat for some meals to get her protein.  She was still able to lose 10-15lbs in 20 days.  You can also, purchase a Whey Protein Shake in powder form as long as it does not contain in sugar in it and have two servings of it to replace the meat serving for a meal.  This would be great for breakfast or lunch.  My sister makes a whey shake and she uses almond milk and instead of ice, she blends it with frozen, unsweatened strawberries and said it is delicious.

Q:  What if I show no weight loss for 2 consecutive days on Phase 2?
A:  Dr. Simeon warns and explains that dieters will experience plateaus and fluctuations in weight ususally in their second week on phase 2.  You may even go a couple of days without dropping any weight at all and then drop a significant amount of weight again.  Remember, it is all an average.  For some reason, that my wife detest, women experience these fluctations and plateaus more than men.  If you stay the same weight for 3 days in a row, don't freak out, because you could very well be losing inches and not pounds - your body is reshaping which still means that you are losing weight in your problem areas.  You are advised to do an apple day on the third day, which consist of eating nothing but six apples throughout the day.  Also, drink a small amount of water, just enough to quench your thirst when needed.  If you can find some corn silk tea, drink two cups of that as well.  You should see a drop of weight the next morning and get back on the track of losing.  But if you don't, you still should not fret.  Here is what Trudeau said about plateaus:
"It is important to note that because this protocol is synthesizing and releasing so much abnormal fat, the body may retain excess water in order to rid the system of this excess released fat and accompanying toxins.  This at times, results in no apparent weight loss on the scale, however, you must know that the body is still being reshaped, and massive fat loss is still occuring" (146).

Q:  Hey, Jim what is the best part about not being a fat arse anymore???
A:  For this question, I will have to refer to some comments made in earlier posts:

  • I can now get comfortable in dress clothes.  My neck tie no longer feels like a noose.
  • I can climb a flight of stairs without requiring a breathing treatment
  • I can walk around an amusement park without getting road rash on the undercarriage
  • I can find the energy to focus and enjoy their family after work
  • can't get their fat arse off the couch to do needed things around the house
  • I can get reasonable rates on life insurance
  • I can overcome lower back and joint pain
Simple things like tying my shoe without fretting a hernia or asphyxiation; reaching and scratching behind my shoulders and not having to rub up against furniture like livestock; wearing a neck tie without borrowing the neighbor's wench to get the top button secured because my neck has more chins than a Chinese phonebook; eating a meal with the confidence that if I happen to lodge anything organic or low fat in my throat, someone nearby will actually be able to get their arms around me and hoist me up to perform the Heimlich Maneuver; and finally being able to actually rise out of bed or off the couch as opposed to, what I like to call the "beached whale," wherein I hoisted my fat arse off the edge and attempted to catch myself with one hand and foot - this proved to be a very unfortunate mishap when one of those supportive appendages had fallen asleep!
  • and finally and most importantly, can't expect to be around long enough to see their kids and grandkids grow and prosper


Someone help fatty off the side of the mountain!!!  I can't believe I lived like this.
Well folks this entry was quite lengthy, but I feel like it was much needed.  I hope for all those new customers this helps.  And if you have a question please submit it to me by posting on here or shoot me an email or text and I will not only answer your question, but also post it on here so others can benefit.  I want all of you to have success and experience what I have and this can be a great forum for us to all help one another.  Next blog will deal with Phase 3 - Maintenance, the most important and misunderstood phase.  So you followers that are on or approaching that, look for that on Monday morning.  Just a note, chocolate lovers, I will have a recipe for a chocolate creation that is totally allowable on Phase 3!!!

I leave you with some actual quotes from text and emails from some of my newest customers, just to give you and idea how dynamic this program can be if followed.  Have a great Spring Weekend and stay strong and true to the game plan. 

"I purchased the HCG from you on Sunday.  I just wanted you to know I lost 6 pounds the first day." - Wayne

"Thank you............I am down 7 lbs since starting the regime on Saturday............It's working!"
-Linda

Make sure to send me updates about all of your progress.




3 comments:

  1. I have lost a pound a day since Monday when I first started. I'm 5 pounds lighter and loving it! Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost over 20 lbs in a month. I want to try and lose 15 more, and will be starting another round of drops in a few weeks. Thanks so much for helping me find this diet!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good common sense Blog. Very helpful to one who is just finding the resources about this part. It will certainly help educate me.buy hcg drops

    ReplyDelete