Thursday, June 2, 2011

Alice Cooper, Dirk Nowitzki, and Why it's Good to be a Guy

Alice Cooper is really a diverse individual.  This legendary dark rocker definitely has some shock factor, but he is also a scratch golfer and apparently very clever.  I mean how genius was it to come up with "School's Out for Summer?"  He had to know that this song would become the montra for all teenagers and teachers during the last days of school.  I wonder how many times this song will be played over the radio and downloaded the next few days as we bust free from the halls of education.  I know at Liberty it will be piped in tomorrow as that final bell rings.  So here's to Alice Cooper and summer vacation  - Rock On and Bring it On!

How awesome of a victory was tonight's game for the little Mavericks?  Once again, I considered them done midway through the 4th quarter when they were down by 15, and once again, they shocked me, the basketball world, and more importantly the Miami Heat.  What a great comeback and hopefully, it will prove to be the turning point of the series.  I am so happy for Dirk, because as I have stated before, I feel like he is one of the most under appreciated players in sports.  So finally, he is getting his "just desserts" for his incredible play.  Dirk is one of the really good guys in professional sports and hopefully he will indeed finish first this year.  At the very least, he has done everything possible to see that it happens - the final 9 points tonight was truly a superstar performance. 
http://youtu.be/QEECwgdigZY

Okay, I guess I have always known it, but my journey on the HCG Diet, has made me more aware of the notion that there are some distinct advantages to being a "guy."  I know, I know ladies, you are tired of hearing that guys lose weight more easily and quicker than their counterparts.  This fact really frustrated Stacy and in talking to other couples who did the diet together, this seemed to be a common theme.  So, ladies I'm sorry for this biological fact.  Let me also apologize for the following list Guyisms, which point out other great advantages of being a guy:

1)  3 words - Monday Night Football;
2)  Not be bothered to state your weight or age.  We lie about golf scores and how many touchdowns we scored in high school;
3) Not stressing out about the house "being a disaster" the week before having company;
4) If someone forgets to send you an invitation to something, you can still be friends with them;
5) If another guy shows up at a party with the same clothes on, you may well become life-long buddies;
6) You understand the what is so darned funny about The Three Stooges, and can also find the humor in Terms of Endearment;
7) You can open all your own jars;
8) You don't have to worry about your best friend's love life;
9) Our bathroom lines are 80% shorter;
10) Our butts are not a factor in job interviews;
11) Movie nudity is nearly always female;
12) You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness (flowers seemingly have supernatural powers);
13) You don't have to shave below your neck;
14) You can write your name in the snow or the world is your urinal;
15) All your orgasms are real;
16) Chocolate is just another snack;
17) You can quietly enjoy a ride in the passesnger seat;
18) 3 pair of shoes is more than enough;
19) Old friends don't give care if you have gained or lost weight;
and finally,
20) You can be showered and ready to go in ten minutes!

Al Bundy knows how good it is to be a guy.

A few words about HCG before I leave.  Today let's talk about stalling or reaching a plateau in your weight loss.  I have not talked to one participant that has not experienced this.  Usually, the first week on the drops is when we lose the most weight and then around days 10-12 weight loss slows down considerably or even stops for a few days.  This is normal and you must remind yourself of two things:  1) you have to look at end result or finish line and look for the average; and 2) just because you are not losing pounds does not mean your are not losing fat in your problem areas - you are still probably losing inches.  That is why it is a good idea to measure yourself as well.  I did not, and I wish that I had.  I think many of you will find that your inches are still shrinking even if you are not losing weight.  Two things happen to your abnormal fat during Phase 2 - it is liquified or mobilized.  The latter is where reshaping occurs as your body knows what to do with the extra fat.  It may determine that it needs to be used provide protection for an organ or joint, but most importantly, it is leaving your problem areas. 

Ok, so now that you won't be so stressed out about that inevitable stall period, how do you get yourself back to losing.  If you go three days without a loss, do an apple day.  Also, start taking a couple of tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar each day.  But, if you are doing this diet with your husband or boyfriend, please refrain from asking about his progress during your stall, because your probably just going to get more peeved and frustrated when he gleams about the 3.5 pounds he lost, and you will spend the rest of the day resenting him and searching for your self-esteem at the bottom of a Cracker Jack Box.

Before I close I want to remind all of you to shoot me a message or give me a call as you are about to go on maintenance.  I have some good literature that I can send you that I think is very good to read.  Also, if you just want to visit with me as you prepare, do so, because this phase is so very important as it is the key to keeping the weight you lost off.  I feel like too many people relax and let up their guard after the drop phase, but actually the maintenance phase requires more attention and discipline if you ask me.  So let me know when you are crossing over from phase 2 to 3. 


Easy there girl . . .

I hope everyone has a great weekend and great start to summer vacation.  Stay strong and keep shedding those pounds!!  Until next week.  Go Mavs!

No comments:

Post a Comment