Sunday, June 5, 2011

From the Mouths of HCGers, Richard's "No-Go's" and a Little "Q & A"

Hello HCGers!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  Several of you have sent me a text or email letting me know about your progress, and I really appreciate that and encourage everyone to keep me updated on your progress.  Below are some of the messages I have received lately from folks on the HCG Journey.

Debbie from Frisco:
"29 days - 16.7lbs, -14.75 total inches.  YES YES YES - 2 more weeks on phase 2  . . . then maintenance."  -May 21st  (text message)

"40 days, 20 pounds!! Maintenance here I come!!!  - June 1st (email)

"Ok this getting to 1500 calories is freaking me out."  June 4th (text message)

Linda from Plano:
"Thank you............I am down 7 lbs since starting the regime on Saturday............It's working!" - May 17th (email)

"Hi, Jim.  Just a quick update....I have lost 18 lbs. since starting the diet after meeting you at the McKinney Trade Days!!! I have lots of energy and my family can see a difference.....too bad it took 18 lbs to even show! I started on my second bottle of drops.  When I need more, do I email you?  I did measure and should do an update of the measure to see the differences and will let you know the new numbers.......Women do loose slower and it is the pits!  I continue to marvel at this weight loss and will keep up, even if it stalls! Thank you!"  - June 3rd (email)

Jason from Childress:
"Hey bud just wanted to let you know that we got them in yesterday.. Thanks.. and my wife bought a bikini .. first one in over 6 years. !!!!  thanks bud" - June 1st (Email)

Debbie, Linda and Jason thanks so much for the comments and updates.  We can all learn a lot from each other on this protocol.  Debbie is exactly right - when you switch over to the maintenance phase, it is very difficult to eat enough and get 1500 calories down.  In fact, that is the most common mistake made during phase 3 - not eating enough.  You will feel like you are eating way too much and all the time, but that is a real key to resetting your metabolism, so make sure you are doing all you can to eat enough on this critical stage.  Everyone should take Linda's advice and measure as well as weigh each day.  This can really provide you some contentment when you hit one of those inevitable stall periods.  If you see that you are indeed losing inches daily even though you aren't losing pounds it is very encouraging.  Remember your body will indeed reshaps itself during Phase 2.  Coach Botos, what can I say?  Only a baseball coach from Indiana would find such benefits in this diet.  I'm very happy to hear about the bikini, but inquiring minds want to know if you return the favor and sport the Speedo???

Everyone remember Richard?  Go check out his own personal page on this blog - "The Chronicles of Richard."  Richard has generously offered to give us all updates as takes a second shot and reaching his goal on the HCG protocol.  Here is his first update after week one:

Week Two – Rockin’ and Rollin’

Okay, HCG…I’m starting to like you again. I’m now 10 days into my 2nd round of the HCG protocol and I’m remembering now why this diet can be so addictive (emotionally, not physically, of course). My starting weight was on the high end of 255 and now, 10 days later, I find myself sitting comfortably at 245 pounds. My clothes already feel different, there’s a spring in my step, and I have the confidence to keep going.

The cons? Oh, yeah, there are cons. I’m already craving a cheeseburger or a simple serving of chips and salsa like nobody’s business. Carbs…now there’s the real addiction. And I don’t seem to lose the weight as fast as most guys do…my weight loss functions more like the results that women who go on the HCG plan get. But you know what? That’s okay. I’m still losing, and I’m a guy who feels like it’s okay to be in touch with your feminine side anyway. J HCG and Musical Theatre. Who’s up for some So You Think You Can Dance? J
I’ll list my 10 days of meals here for your viewing pleasure. I just found out through trial and error that blueberries and ground turkey are no-go’s while on the drops. You live and learn.


I have posted Richard's day-by-day meals and calorie count on the Chronicles of Richard, so please check that out.  Ok Richard, as your friend and HCG Coach, I gotta tell you that I am proud of your new found determination and resolve to finish the deal this time.  I am also excited that you have your wonderful wife, Jodi, doing it with you this time.  There is power in numbers.  Now, let me give you some good simple advice - please read the manual, so you don't keep eating "no-go's."  C'mon, Richard, women and children don't come with manuals, but the HCG does. 

Ok now for a couple of questions that came through this week that I thought I might share because some of you may be wondering the same things. 

Q:  Is gum allowed?  Is there any gum made with Stevia?
A:  Gum is not allowed during phase 2 or 3.  I'll admit that I cheated and started chewing Extra Sugar Free (Chocolate Mint, Strawberry Cheesecake, and Key Lime) during the maintenance phase even though it really is not allowed.   Now the good news - I just found out today that there is indeed gum made from Stevia that you should be just fine on all phases.  I don't know the brand name, however, most health food stores and Sprouts carry it.  If any of you find it, let me know the brand name or even shoot a picture of it and send it to me and I will post it on here.

Q:  What's the deal with lemon juice?
A:  Lemons and lemon juice is fine to use in your tea or as flavoring. 

Q:  How do I know what a serving of a vegetable is?
A:  This can be confusing, because it is hard to determine exactly what a serving is of a vegetable, especially if it is raw and not packaged.  What many HCGers do is take the total of their calorie count from their protein, fruit and bread and subtract it from 500.  The sum is the amount they can eat in vegetables.  To determine calorie count I had two resources.  The first was a free App that I downloaded on my phone called "My Fitness Pal."  It is very good and lets you track your calories for each meal daily.  It also helps you determine calorie count with all foods.  The second device is a digital food scale made by Thompson that I purchased at Target for about $30.  It has the ability to enter the type of food being weighed and it will calculate the calorie count.  With these two aids, I was able to pretty much get a pretty good estimation on my meals.  After a while, you get to be a pretty good "eye-baller" and just have a sense of how much a serving is - kinda like when Paula Dean just uses a "few pinches" of seasoning.  Speaking of Paula Dean, I don't think she is HCG aware because I saw her coat a pineapple in butter!!! 

Q:  Are using spray liquid aminos on your food ok?
A:  I have found nothing stating that this would be harmful. 

Q:  Does it matter when I the drops during the day?
A:  No, as long as you get three doses a day and you don't take them 30 minutes before or after eating or drinking anything.  I always took my drops right after waking up and weighing, 30 minutes after lunch, and 30 minutes after dinner.  As a note, don't freak out if you forget to take your drops or you get caught somewhere without them.  The HCG stays in your system for about 72 hours, so if you will be "ok" if you forget them occasionally. 

Q:  Will you be at McKinney Trade Days next month?
A:  Yes I will!  I will be at the same location on Henderson Street and would love to see any of you if you happen to be out.  Please stop by and say hello!  Also, tell all your friends who are freaking out on your weight loss to "drop by for the drops!"

Q:  Boxers or Briefs?
A:  Which ever seems to be the cleanest or has the fewest holes in it.  Hey, if anything, I'm flexible.

I will close this entry with what I thought was some very intresting information regarding weight loss and fat from Trudeau's Book, "The Weight Loss Cure They Don't Want You to Know About."  But of course you do know about it now - anyway, some good stuff, I thought.

These are the common denominators that virtually all fat people have:
1. Their body metabolism is low.  What this means is when a fat person eats food their body does not burn the food as fuel at a very high rate.  People who are naturally thin burn food and calories quickly.  Up until now there has neve been a treatment that truly addressed this particular problem.  This is one of the reasons why when a person goes on a weight-loss program and actually loses some of the weight, they gain all the weight back very quickly.  If you don't correct low metabolism then you are destined to be fat your whole life.  THIS IS WHY PHASE 3 IS SO IMPORTANT

2. High hunger. Thin people can never understand this.  A fat person is physically hungry more often and at a higher intensity than a naturally thin person.  Thin people always say that fat people don't have enough self-control to stop eating.  This is not true.  The thin person cannot comprehend the physiological, intense, and almost constant hunger that the fat person has to deal with.  It has nothing to do with self-control.  This is a real, gnawing, tortuous, intense physical hunger.  This is one of the reasons why naturally thin people and exercise gurus have no right to author a book on how to lose weight.  They have never really had to deal with the real issues that overweight people deal with.  AMEN BROTHER!

3.  Eating when you're not hungry.  Overweight people also have a problem with "emotional eating" or cravings.  Certain food cravings fall into the above hunger category as they are physiological in nature.  Other food cravings or emotional eating occur when you are physically not hungry, but you are "hungry" to fill an emotional need.  

I will continue with more really intersting stuff from the book on the next entry.  Trudeau goes on to explain the different types of fat our body has and why the fat in our problem areas is so difficult to get rid of (until HCG, of course).  Also interesting is a comparison of Americans and other countries - why is America so darn fat?  Trudeau has some very interesting ideas about this that seem to make a lot of sense. 

I hope everyone has a great week.  One thing that would make it great is if the Mavericks could win the next two games as home, as we kinda lost all that momentum after tonight's loss.  It is about time the Lone Star State get another champion.  I will leave you this evening with some weight-loss humor - enjoy. 
Disclaimer - This is WEIGHT LOSS HUMOR. Please so not take it personally. If you do... you need to LIGHTEN UP!! (Get it?) 

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then, your body and your fat are really good friends.

I gave up jogging for my health reasons. My thighs kept rubbing together and setting my pantyhose on fire.

If guns kill people, a spoon made Rosie O’Donnell fat.  (One for all us Tea Party folks)






No comments:

Post a Comment