Thursday, June 30, 2011

Clark Griswold, Escaping the Heat and Beyonce's Delicious Thighs!!

Chevy and the Vacation Movie - Comic Genius!!
Hot enough for you?  Man, I have lived in Texas my whole life and you would think I would get used to the heat of July and August - but the opposite seems true.  It gets tougher to handle each year!!  Well, thankfully tomorrow the Miller clan is escaping the heat of Texas for the cool mountains of Colorado on our Summer Vacation.  I really love the mountains and Colorado is one of my favorite vacation spots.  We will be camping out with Stacy's family in South Fork for several days and then going to visit my sister who lives just outside La Veta.  I look forward to relaxing, slowing down the pace a bit, not sweating continuously, and enjoying family.

Now, vacations are awesome  -I think we can all agree they create some lifelong memories.  But I gotta tell ya folks, planning, packing and getting there and back can be a beatdown of epic proportions.  We are always telling the kids that they spend too much time in front of the television and playing video games, and now as we embark on 12 hours of driving, we are constantly reminding them to have all there electronics charged!!  If I had a dollar for everytime I will hear "dad, Myles is touching me," or "dad, Claire kicked me," or "Jim, roll down the window before you do that please," I could most assuredly pay for the fuel this little road trip is gonna require.  Thankfully my wife does an outstanding job of planning and taking care of all those little details that I am oblivious to.  As for me - I might as well be Clark Griswold of the classic Vacation Movies.  It is an absolute guarantee that on multiple occasions during this two-week little jaunt across two states that I will have several moments and episodes that only Chevy himself could appreciate.  Hopefully none will involve the law, wreckers and some will include Christy Brinkley and a swimming pool.  Here's to you Clark and all the other dad's who dare go on a family vacation in the car!!

Ok, now let's move to a much more juicier and important matter - Beyonce's Sweet and Moist Thighs!  Everyone get your mind out of the gutter please - I'm referring to my recipe for marinated and grilled chicken thighs for Phase 3 of the HCG Diet.  I named them this because according some fellow coaches who claim to be experts on such matters, Beyonce's thighs are outstanding (I wouldn't know anything about that).  Well, I have been told these chicken thighs are also outstanding, thus the moniker.  So here is the recipe:
Beyonce Thighs
INGREDIENTS:
8-10 Skinless/Bonless Chicken Thighs
Marinade:
2 Cups of Low Sodium Kikoman Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup of Worchershire Steak Sauce
1/4 Cup of Cooking Sherry
1/4 cup of organic honey or aguave nectar
2 tablespoons cup of Stevia
2 tablespoons of ground ginger
1 tablespoon of Cavenders Greek Spice
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of ground pepper
1/2 cup of green onions
1/2 cup of red onions
1/4 cup of ground parsley
PREPARATION
Mix all the ingredients to the marinade together and pour into a ziplock bag
Take a knife and cut a couple of slits in the meatiest part of each chicken thigh and put the thighs in the bag with the marinade;
put in refrigerator for at least 12 hours;
remove chicken from marinade and save reserve;
grill thighs at 400 degrees laid flat out for about 3 minutes on each side;
take reserve and put in a sauce pan and bring to a boil and use to baste thighs after pulling off the grill.
Thighs are great to eat right off grill or awesome chopped up and put onto a salad.
This marinade is also great for chicken legs as well.

I hope you enjoy the thighs!

I would like to draw everyone's attention to two new HCGers who also own and operate local businesses.  Katrina Lindsey LMT can take care of your sore muscles and Dr. Danny Cox, DVM can take care of your pets at his clinic/hospital.  I am proud to have these two fine folks on board as HCGers and certainly want to let everyone know about their services.  Please keep these folks and the others listed in this blog in mind.  And remember if you have your own business or would like the business you work for to be added to this blog, just let me know. 

Because I will be on the road, I don't think I will be able to update the blog frequently as I would like.  I'm not sure what type of connection I will have in the mountains, so I will not have another entry until I return in about two weeks.  But, I hope to have some good stories and observations then.  In the meantime, please continue to update and send me your questions.  I will be checking my email daily and will get back with you.  Also, if you run out of drops or know someone who needs the drops, let me know.  I am taking my bottles and shipping supplies with me and I can certainly have them to you or new customers within two days using UPS.  I hope all of have a great couple of weeks and continue to have success with the diet.  I look forward to hearing from many of you.  Until later . . . I'm on the "Holiday Road." 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment