Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gadjets and Mother-in Laws

Ok, so in attempt to make my blog more dynamic and worth your while stopping by, I have given my blog a makeover and I have added a few new "gadgets" as blogger calls them to the bottom of the entries.  Here is what I have added:
1 - Links to my customers/blog followers business websites.  I would like to create a network of business links on here so we can all help each other out from time-to-time.  Please take time to look at these and if you are in market for something that they provide, please consider them, as they are all local and are really great folks.  Also, if you have a business, let me know and I will get your link on there as well.  I would like to really get this list very lengthy.  Also, if you have a business website, please consider pasting my website and blog on there as well.  My website is http://mckinney.hcgproviders.com/
Here are a list of websites/businesses that I have featured today:
Lindsey Abbott - Scentsy Wickless:  http://lindseyabbott.scentsy.us/
Brian & Hillary Wysong - photography services:  http://www.hillaryannephotography.com/#home/
Jeb Matulich - Art Work:  http://www.junkytrinkets.com/
Danny & Amy Cox - vetenarian services:  http://thepetvet.com/dallas.html
Mark Stephens - Home Inspections:  http://stephensinspections.com/

2 - Weekly Poll Question.  I thought this might be helpful for everyone to guage their personal experience with HCG.  I will keep them up for about a week and then put a new one up.  Also, if you have any ideas for future polls, let me know. 
3- My Favorites List - just another way to get to know me and have some fun at the same time. 

This week my Mother-in-Law, Patsy came from Lubbock (Get Your Guns Up!) to stay with us and help us as Stacy and I both have Professional Development meetings.  She has been a lifesaver because of course the kids are out of school, so having her here has been a blessing.  Now, I know all the stereotypes that go along with "mother-in-laws" but let me tell you my mother-in-law is awesome and I love having her around.  I understand why everyone thinks, and rightly so, that Stacy is one of the nicest people - she gets it from Patsy.  I have known some poor saps who had to deal with an "Endora" for a mother-in-law, and if you know who the Endora reference your aging yourself, so I feel very lucky not to have to be one of those guys.  But for all of you out there who are not as fortunate as I am or perhaps you are a mother-in-law that lives up to the stereotype, you might get a kick out of these:

"Conscience is a mother-in-law whose visit never ends." - H.L. Menken

"I saw six men kicking and punching the mother-in-law. My neighbour said 'Are you going to help?
I said 'No, six should be enough." - Les Dawson


"I told my mother-in-law that my house was her house, and she said, 'Get the hell off my property." - Joan Rivers

"My mother-in-law had a pain beneath her left breast. Turned out to be a trick knee." - Phyliss Diller



"Just got back from a pleasure trip: I took my mother-in-law to the airport." - Benny Youngman




No "bewitching" from my Mother-in-Law







Actually Patsy is an HCGer as well and has been quite resourceful.   It was Patsy who came up with the "Mother-in-Law" Cherry Limeade.  She is starting her second round of the protocol tomorrow so I fixed her some meals this evening.  I am going to have her take some pictures of her meals while here and I will post them as well as the calorie count on them for those of you who are on the drop phase as well.  Also, Patsy has come across some great recipe ideas for phase 2 and I will be putting a couple of those on the recipes page of this blog and will continue to do so periodically until I have a good collection on there.  I will let you know each time I update it. 

Over the past 10 days or so, I have had the opportunity to meet in person with some of my customers who were in need of some more drops.  I really like getting to do this because it allows me to get to know them better.  I don't want to embarrass anyone and I am taking liberties mentioning the following people by name, but PJ, Lindsey, Chuck, Amy, and Joan thanks for taking the time to visit with me - you are all great folks and I'm glad I got to get to know each of you better.  Truly one of the best things about selling the HCG drops has been getting to know some really hard working and genuinely nice people.  I feel that, in addition to building my business and customer base, I am also developing some great new friendships with people who seem to be just like Stacy and I - busy as can be trying to keep pace in the "rat race", and who also want to improve and take control of their health.  It has been very exciting to hear and know that so many are having success with the HCG and contact me daily for help and advice. My recent visit with these repeat customers made me realize how great this area is because of so many honest, down-to-earth people who make North Dallas their home.  

Ok, students get our your spirals . . .well acutally in classrooms today we ask them to get out their laptops, IPADS or smart phones.  A little more science of the HCG diet.  Let's talk about "fat."  We have 3 types of fat in our bodies:  structural, normal  and abnormal.  Structural surrounds organs and joints and it is important because it protects our organs and arteries.  It also keeps our skin smooth and tight, and it also provides cushioning under bones of the feet and other joints.  Normal fat reserves are located all over the body and are used as fuel when the body has a calorie or nutritional shortage.  Both of these types of fat are normal and needed for good health - they are in fact, good fats. But with many diet regiments, it is these fats and important muscle mass that is being lost. 

The third type of fat is what HCG is about - abnormal fat reserves.  This type of fat is also a reserve fuel, but it is stored in what we know as "problem areas" and not spread out all over the body like normal fat reserves.  For women, abnormal fat is generally stored in the hips, thighs, and buttocks.  For men, problem areas are the waist, upper chest and in neck region - ugh. . . I could have been a poster boy for abnormal fat areas.  What makes it as difficult as Chinese Algebra to get rid of this abnormal fat is that there are only two situations in which it is used by the body as fuel:  during an extreme nutritional emergency and when the body is nearing starvation; and during pregnancy to guarantee the survival of the fetus.  Persons who are overweight or obese have a large amount of abnormal reserves and it causes disfiguration in the problem areas and make the notion of losing weight virtually impossible by suscribing to diet plans and even excercise because the weight lost is from structural and normal fat and they feel very weak and hungry.  So they lose "good fats" but fail to lose the weight they really want to.  The HCG protocol allows participants to get rid of those abnormal fat reserves because the drops actually tricks the body, and specifically the hypothalamus gland, into thinking that it is pregnant, and thus allowing the release or mobilization of the abnormal fat.  So, while on the drops, dieters will either lose weight or reshape daily. 

A few words about stalling, which many of you are having issues with.  After considering the info above about fat reserves, I think that some of you who are doing the HCG soon after being on another diet plan such as weight watchers, LA, or the lemonade plan, may be stalling because your body is reshaping or replacing the "good fats" you may have lost during those plans.  Trudeau states in his book, that during most diet and exercise programs, overweight people lose "important structural fat covering their bones get less and less, and they often look unhealthy and older."  So, if you started HCG rebounding off of another diet plan, your frequent stalling may well be because your body is attempting to replace the structural fats that you lost with your abnormal fat.  Of course that is just a speculation, but most of you are saying that you know you are losing inches, so it must be replacing and reshaping.  I know that I had not been on a diet and excercise plan in well over 6 years prior to going on the HCG so I certainly did not have to replace any shortage of structural fat - I mean guys saw me - there was not shortage in fat anywhere.  Consequently, my abnormal fat were liquified more often and consistently because I did not have a shortage of the "good fats."  So don't fret the stall folks and embrace the reshaping that is taking place.  You just have to tell yourself on days that you do not see significant loss on the scales, that you are reshaping.  Besides, "reshaping" sounds more sexy and dynamic anyway. 

Well, I am calling it a night and will shove off now.  Next time, I will discuss the mystery of the hypothalamus gland and the huge roll it plays in our nutritional health and phase one and two of the HCG diet.  Everyone have a good rest of the week.  The Mavs took care of business tonight to even up the series, so a win on Thursday would make it a great week.  Keep the questions and the updates coming - stay strong and keep the faith! 





 And now a parting shot for the dangers of mixing vegetables . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment