Thursday, June 16, 2011

Massages, the Best of Billy and Phil, and Trade Days!!


Brillance from Years Gone By
 Hello HCG world and welcome back.  It has been a very busy, eventful, and EPIC week for me and that is why I only have two entries - my apologies.  I have been getting ready for my second weekend of Third Monday Trade Days at McKinney in hopes of getting new customers on board.  Last month's Trade Days were awesome as I was able to meet so many great folks and follow their success and optimism with the diet.  I am anxious to start this process over again.  I know that many of you will be coming out to see me again this weekend and I look forward to seeing you.  I'm especially ready to see Wayne who has now lost 48lbs since starting the diet the week after May Trade Days.  You can bet I will be shooting some pics with my new and improved customers.  I'm all about pictures now - I have receive some amazing ones this week!  Please do come by and say "hi" if you brave the heat. 

I have had the kiddos all week long as Stacy has had training during the day, and I am quite sure about two things:  1) I have seen a Mom's job and I don't want it - where do they get the patience and energy to keep everything together with kids?  - I believe that if every Mom in the country went to training the same week, the Dads would set our society back three decades easily; 2) Harley (the dog) has loved this week as he has eaten his weight in crumbs and spills around the house.  Who needs a diswasher when you have a long, wet-tongued Shepherd?  At least I can say I'm going green. 

It has been Epic because Dallas got to bask in the spotlight as World Champions as we celebrated the Dallas Mavericks accomplishments.  It has been since 1993 since Dallas has been able to say that - a long drought that was ended in dramatic fashion. It really is awesome when you know Dirk has wanted and thought about that moment for five years since the last finals appearance.  How sweet it is to finally pertake of something you dream of having.   Now if we can get the Rangers to playing well again - wow, they are lucky everyone is focusing on the Mavs right now, because as Crash Davis said in the movie Bull Durham - they "couldn't hit water if the fell out of a (BLEEP INSERTED HERE) boat!"


Photoshop can be so fun . . .

One of the good things you can do for your overall health and specifically your metabolism is getting regular massages.  Not bad huh?  But of course there are not many of us who can afford to shuffle down to the salon/spa several times a week and layout 40-50 bucks in the name of toxin relief - right?   Well, I have obtained some discounts cards for my customers exlusively from a registered therapists at Total Body Health located at 101 E. Lamar St. in McKinney.  How does $19 sound for a one hour massage?  Just get in touch with me and I can get a card out to you.  Of course I have a limited quantity of these, so get em' while they lasts.  I will have them with me at my booth this weekend as well.

Ok, a friend of mine posed the question to me the other day - "what is your favorite Billy Joel song."  First of all, what a blast from the past - if you grew up in the 80's, Billy Joel was certainly part of your pop culture.  I mean the guy married Christy Brinkley and played live at Yankee Stadium - that right there gives him legendary status in my book.  Sidebar please - "your honor, if there is anyone reading this that does not like Billy Joel, please remove them from the room."  Secondly, when you get to thinking about all the great songs that he has, it is very, very hard to pick one.  As soon as you think you have it, you are reminded of another one.  So, the best I can do is my top five:
5.  We Didn't Start the Fire - I'm a school teacher, it has to be on the list
4.  It's Still Rock n Roll to Me - great tune - can't help but feel good listening to this song
3.  Only the Good Die Young - fun tune, even if it pokes fun at Catholic girls
2.  You May be Right  - fun song with worthwhile message
1.  Piano Man - his anthem to himself.  Who doesn't love a piano bar??

One of my favorite shows on television this Modern Family and one of my favorite characters is Phil Dumphy.  In fact, I think his character ranks up there with some of my favorite sit com characters of all time.  It don't know if he is come close to the glorified air of Michael Scott, but he will be if he keeps coming up with great one-liners in the seasons to come.  I mean this guy is guaranteed to screw up any situation in his own perfectly hilarious way.  If you are familiar with the show, you know exactly what I'm talking about.  If not, check out the first two seasons of the show.  Here are some of Phil's better lines:

Phil [about Desiree]: "Am I attracted to her? Yes. Would I ever act on it? No, no way. Not while my wife is still alive."

Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both.

 Claire: Getting everybody out of the house in the morning can be really tough. Especially the first day of school.
Phil: From the moment we get up at seven until we drop them off at school it is: go go go.
Claire: I get up at six.
Phil [mocking]: I get up at five.
Claire: Seriously, I get up at six.
Phil: That's you? I thought we had a racoon

Check out youtube scene below - Phil at his hilarious best . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_CmBsi17_0

I know there is not much on today's blog to help you out on your protocol. But sometimes, I figure the best consultation that is needed is some fun and laughter.  I mean we can't all be all work and no play - right.  So today is mostly play.  Besides, the next three days I will be talking HCG until I get lock-jaw (at least I hope I am), so I needed to take a little break from the diet talk as well.   I can tell you, however, that I was excited to see where Dr. Oz, whom I'm not that familiar with because I don't do Oprah (don't go there), has come out in "Women's Health Magazine" and endorsed the HCG Diet Protocol.  The article states, "Controversy surrounds the HCG diet and its drastic methods - but according to America's best-loved doctor, research into HCG may uncover the weight-loss solutions that millions of us have been waiting for."  Everytime I see "controversial", I have to laugh because the only folks who think it is controversial is doctors who are upset that patients are no longer paying hundreds of dollars a month to get the same treatment, and of course, the FDA.  I have an acronym for the FDA - Freakin' Dumb Arses.  Tell me, what government run program or agency do you think is ran well, truthful and has it's citizen's best interest in mind?  Heck, the FDA hasn't gotten around to approving aspirin yet.  And you know what, I hope they never approve HCG because if they do, the prices will go up significantly because of all the taxes that will be placed on them.  In Australia, where it has been approved by their government, the drops are selling for $200 an ounce.  Anyway off my soapbox about our government -that's an entire different blog.  If you are a Dr. Oz fan, then you should take some solace in the fact that he sees the benefit of this program. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays cool.  It seems really hard to cool down at all lately.  It seems I'm always overheated these days.  All we need is Kathleen Turner and William Hurt and we could be on the set of Body Heat (overlooked Classic movie).  Make sure to notice any new businesses that are associated with the blog and when you can, patronize them - and tell em Jim sent you.  I have a couple of new features as well on the sidebars, so check those out when you have time.  Over and out.    

1 comment:

  1. HCG diet is natural product so there is no harmful chemicals and this is safe no side effects.
    hcg diet
    Buy HCG Drops Online

    ReplyDelete